How to buy the maps
You may order using the address email@example.com.
All maps are printed on 180g. paper using original Epson pigment-based inks.
Map of the whole county 50 by 36 inches at a scale of 1 inch:1.4 miles £40
The county in divided into six equal sheets (see six sheet plan)
- North West
- North Central
- North East
- South West
- South Central
- South East
Each map, 48 by 36 inches, costs £28 each or £25 each if all six maps are purchased. The scale of 1 inch to 0.55 miles is very close to that of the original map.
Custom sheets covering individual parishes or groups of parishes can be arranged. Prices, from £25, on application.
The whole county in six folded sheets in an A4 sized folder with explanatory notes. Each map is about 24 by 27 inches at a scale of 1 inch: 0.9 miles. £48
All prices are plus p. and p. which varies from £5 to £8.
|978-0-9932483-0-6||CHAPMAN AND ANDRÉ’S 1777 MAP OF ESSEX
WHOLE COUNTY SHEET
|978-0-9932483-1-3||CHAPMAN AND ANDRÉ’S 1777 MAP OF ESSEX
NORTH WEST SHEET
|978-0-9932483-2-0||CHAPMAN AND ANDRÉ’S 1777 MAP OF ESSEX
NORTH CENTRAL SHEET
|978-0-9932483-3-7||CHAPMAN AND ANDRÉ’S 1777 MAP OF ESSEX
NORTH EAST SHEET
|978-0-9932483-4-4||CHAPMAN AND ANDRÉ’S 1777 MAP OF ESSEX
SOUTH WEST SHEET
|978-0-9932483-5-1||CHAPMAN AND ANDRÉ’S 1777 MAP OF ESSEX
SOUTH CENTRAL SHEET
|978-0-9932483-6-8||CHAPMAN AND ANDRÉ’S 1777 MAP OF ESSEX
SOUTH EAST SHEET
|978-0-9932483-7-5||CHAPMAN AND ANDRÉ’S 1777 MAP OF ESSEX
MAP IN SIX SHEETS IN A4 BOOKLET FORM
Maps of other counties are available
Please visit dedicated web sites below for other county maps:
- William Faden’s 1797 Map of Norfolk
- Digitally redrawn by Andrew Macnair 2005
- William Faden’s 1788 Map of London and its Environs
- Digitally redrawn by Andrew Macnair 2009
- Joseph Hodskinson’s 1783 Map of Suffolk
- Digitally redrawn by Andrew Macnair 2010
- Dury and Andrews’ 1766 Map of Hertfordshire
- Digitally redrawn by Andrew Macnair 2011
- Thomas Jefferys’s 1788 map of Buckinghamshire*
- Ordnance Survey Old Series Cambridgeshire (1805-1836)*
*Details of these maps will follow, for now please email firstname.lastname@example.org for further details and prices.